Surgical Tech Certified
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Location: US-CA-Laguna NiguelType: Full Time Employee# of
Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Certified Surgical
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
MemorialCare Surgical Center Laguna Niguel is a multi-specialty
Ambulatory Surgery Center located in South Orange County with 2
operating rooms and 1 procedure room. MCSC Laguna Niguel is a
Growing, Fast Paced Multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery Center with
specialties including, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry,
Gynecology, General Surgery, Pain, Pediatrics, and ENT.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is responsible for the
provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and
to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered
Nurse. The CST performs duties according to scope of practice
designated by the facility position description, role and
responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist
professional organization and certification board. The CST MUST BE
SEASONED in Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Gynecology,
General Surgery, and ENT.
- Must be seasoned in scrubbing Cataracts.
- CST handles the equipment, instruments and supplies during
surgery as well as protects the sterile area.
- They must have a clear understanding of the surgical procedure
being performed which will help the scrub tech to anticipate any
needs of the surgeon. The list of duties for a scrub technologist
- Makes sure all supplies and equipment needed for surgical
procedure are present and in working order
- Sets up a sterile field and operating room table with the
proper instruments, equipment, supplies and any medication or
solutions needed for the surgical procedure
- Performs counts with the circulating surgical technologist
before the start of surgery and prior to the incision
- Prepares and cleans all instruments for sterilization
- Assists other team members with terminal cleaning of the
operating room and preps for next patient
- Ability to set priorities, focus and stay on task
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates,
physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Utilizes time effectively
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with
regard to attendance
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Laguna Niguel , Surgical Tech Certified, Healthcare , Laguna Niguel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!