Registered Nurse OR Full Time Evenings
Company: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Cent
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Up to $25,000 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse /
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of
quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our
efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing
community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer
residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy
Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of
only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only
hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III
Neonatal ICU. We're proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses
and staff who strive to provide you with the best care
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching
401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous
tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select
This role provides direct clinical patient care. The role will
assume responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing direct
clinical care to assigned patients on a per shift basis, and unit
level. The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high
quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical
staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient
1. Preoperatively conducts a physical and psychosocial assessment
on each patient.
2. Documents the assessment according to established guidelines and
3. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the
patient's condition and communicates to appropriate individuals
(i.e., charge nurse, physician, etc.).
4. Evaluates, revises and updates patient care during the
perioperative phase based on changing patient needs.
5. Identifies areas of own strengths and weaknesses and seeks
assistance from appropriate individuals as needed.
6. Utilizes the surgical schedule for planning for each
7. Coordinates patient care needs with team members and other
8. Readies all equipment and supplies in a timely manner so as to
cause no delay in the surgical start time.
9. Maintains a patient care environment that is clean, orderly, and
supports safe patient care.
10. Utilizes the operative record to document and communicate
patient information in a concise and orderly manner.
11. Adheres to strict aseptic technique for operative
12. Performs routine skills safely according to protocol (including
administration of medications, proper positioning, sponge, needle
and instrument counts, and local monitoring).
13. Is able to perform the role of scrub and circulator
independently on a majority of surgical procedures.
14. Uses supplies judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
15. Operates mechanical, electrical, and air-powered equipment
according to manufacturer's instructions.
16. Provides support to the anesthesiologist in the care of the
17. Provides the PACU nurse with a complete intra-operative nursing
report upon arrival in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
18. Participates in department Quality Assurance program.
19. Evaluates the use and interpretation of surgeons' preference
cards to accommodate the needs of each patient.
20. Participates in department product evaluation.
21. Performs and documents a post-operative assessment.
22. Based upon assessment of current/past methods, makes
suggestions for improving patient care.
23. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of peri-operative
24. Sets goals with target dates; takes measures to achieve
25. Point of care testing
Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the
state of California and current CA RN license. Current American
Heart Association BLS
Minimum Experience: Recent acute care OR experience.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine
any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants
other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Fountain Valley, California
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital And Medical Center
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Cent, Laguna Niguel , Registered Nurse OR Full Time Evenings, Healthcare , Laguna Niguel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!