Company: Niguel Family Dentistry
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities:Supports dental care
delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and
materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures
in compliance with the dental practice act.Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed
procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting,
seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering
questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering
instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for
dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials
on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing
radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply,
and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as
needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed.Skills and Qualifications:Dental Health Maintenance, Use of
Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services, Creating a
Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside Manner,
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies,
Performing Diagnostic Procedures
Keywords: Niguel Family Dentistry, Laguna Niguel , Dental Assistant, Other , Laguna Niguel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!