Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view
Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on
the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE APPEALS DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full
working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will
have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will
receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Leads Appeals Officers, technicians, and other support
personnel in their performance of team work.
- Plans team work considering organizational priorities and
- Assures timely completion of work by assigning team work,
monitoring team members' progress on assignments, and personally
working a variety of the most demanding team case issues.
- Takes immediate corrective action to resolve problems that
adversely impact on efficient case/issue resolution and overall
- Advises and coaches team members regarding their team
- Provides appropriate and substantive feed-back on team
assignments to the team member and his/her immediate manager.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0930 Hearings And Appeals
Conditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to
fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday-Friday - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed
to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19.
Employees must be within a 150-mile radius of their official
assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal
operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to
perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not
guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework
eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate
in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected
for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your
designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as
directed by management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice
by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior
- Must successfully complete a background investigation,
including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your
suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959,
certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System
or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that
requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law
requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of
all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired
original or certified copies.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing
birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of
Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S.
Citizen (Form FS-240))
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee
or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon
classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may
include up to 2 years of returns.
- Relocation expenses-No
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have 1 year of specialized
experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent
to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized
experience for this position includes: Experience with accounting
principles and legal principles to resolve tax disputes of a
corporate and complex nature; Experience applying professional
accounting principles, theories and practices (for examples,
mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, statistical analysis,
transfer pricing agreements, foreign transactions) to analyze and
interpret accounting books, records, or systems specifically to
determine tax liabilities; Experience interpreting the tax law,
applying litigation procedures, and evaluating the meaning of the
statutes, regulations, court decisions, congressional intent and
other interpretive sources. Experience with tax issues including
complex legal issues that arise from tax transactions of mergers,
acquisitions, consolidations, statistical analysis, transfer
pricing agreements, and foreign transactions; Experience preparing,
examining or analyzing corporate business accounting functions to
distinguish differences between financial statements generated in
accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and
those used for tax reporting purposes; Experience differentiating
between the financial characteristics and tax implications of
business entities (for example, reorganizations and restructuring)
and ensuring entities are classified correctly; Experience in
Corporate and Industry tax issues such as: inventory valuation
(LIFO,) transfer pricing agreements, corporate investments and
revenue recognition, life insurance, property and casualty
insurance, reallocation of corporate income; Experience in
negotiating the resolution of tax disputes in situations with
corporate consolidations, corporate mergers, and corporate foreign
- Federal experience is not required. The experience may have
been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer
Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work;
part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate
dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours
worked per week, on your resume.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's
This job does not have an education qualification