Occupational Therapist - In-Home Outpatient Therapy
Company: Powerback Rehabilitation
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation,
respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation.
We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential
by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our
reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the
patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to
recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back.
It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of
feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living
POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapist will primarily provide
outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting for the
older adult population. The in-home setting could be a patient's
private residence or in a patient's room in an independent living
facility. Powerback Rehabilitation To You allows the Occupational
Therapist to evaluate and treat in the most functional environment
which is the patient's home. The Occupational Therapist organizes
and conducts occupational therapy programs for the agency to
facilitate rehabilitation. In addition, they direct patient
participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance
performance. The Occupational Therapist facilitates the learning of
those skills and functions essential for adaptation and
productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. This
position provides a flexible schedule and work environment in
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Occupational Therapy
Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in
accordance with state licensure requirements and professional
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment
schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as
well as work related meetings.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team,
including the community physician, to select the most appropriate
therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire
and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment as necessary.
10. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the occupational
therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and
record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are
not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such
* cognitive skills
* muscle strength
* perceptual abilities
* sensory awareness
* sitting and standing tolerance
* activities of daily living
* joint protection
* work simplification
* physical agent modalities
* low vision
* falls risk management
* medication management
* health and wellness
* community integration and reintegration
* Case Management skills in the home and community space
12. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and
trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs patients in the skills and techniques required for
participation in functional activities and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
SHAREOTHV PandoLogic. Keywords: Occupational Therapist (OT),
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA - 92677
Keywords: Powerback Rehabilitation, Laguna Niguel , Occupational Therapist - In-Home Outpatient Therapy, Other , Laguna Niguel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!