MSOT Faculty with Pediatrics Experience
Company: Stanbridge University
Posted on: September 18, 2019
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program at Stanbridge
University is seeking a full-time faculty member. The applicant
will teach graduate students the fundamentals of occupational
therapy as well as teach across the curriculum as needed and within
their areas of expertise. The applicant will also mentor students
in their thesis projects and engage in scholarly and service
Employment Status:full-time, salaried, exemptDate Posted:Sep 5th,
- Effectively delivers class instruction utilizing course syllabi
and materials that are provided.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a
classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement
while effectively planning and preparing for instruction and
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and
work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and
engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records,
submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering
academic and attendance policies.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by
the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the
introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active
awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Preferred doctoral degree (an earned masters degree will be
considered) in occupational therapy or a related field and awarded
by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Initial registration by the National Board for Certification in
- Current and unencumbered license in the state of
- A minimum of four (4) years of documented clinical experience
in more than one practice area relevant to the curriculum of the
university's occupational therapy program.
- Preferred clinical experience working with children and
adolescence in early intervention, school-based, out-patient
pediatrics and acute/in-patient pediatric settings.
- Desire to engage in scholarship (e.g., scholarship of
application, scholarship of teaching and learning).
- Experience in the management and development of faculty and/or
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes, as defined
by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
in working with diverse constituencies inside and outside the
- Skill in planning and implementing projects with vision,
creativity, energy, and collegiality.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements of accrediting, state,
and federal agencies for education, work experience, and
certification/licensing to perform in the stated position.
- Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal
standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
- Facility in using computer technology systems current in higher
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are
representative of those required of an employee to perform the
essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while
sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent
interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short
distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or
other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly
and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information;
sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands
voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or
moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values
and appreciation for its employees.
Keywords: Stanbridge University, Laguna Niguel , MSOT Faculty with Pediatrics Experience, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!